Our volunteers are part of what makes the Lemurian so successful. If you are not racing consider volunteering. Volunteering can be a fun way to participate in a great event. All volunteers receive a T-shirt and lunch. We hope to see you at the race!
If you would like to volunteer, please email RMB at:
- Friday – help set-up start/finish area Brandy Creek Marina, Whiskeytown Lake.
- Mark Course Thursday and Friday. Requires a mountain bike and riding skill. Put up course markings.
- Registration – help get the racers registered to race. You need to be able to arrive very
early but you are finished by 9am or so.
- Setup and Parking – put up signs and direct people to parking areas. You need to be
able to arrive very early but you are finished by 9:00 AM.
- Traffic Control – arrive fairly early and direct traffic on the paved road portions to the
- Aid Stations – arrive fairly early and drive up to a designated spot on the race course
and hand out snacks and water to the racers. We have 2 Aid Stations. Pretty much
done by 2:00 PM.
- Split – arrive fairly early and set up area (Peltier Valley Parking lot) where Intermediate
Course Racers split from Long Course Racers. Finished fairly early.
- Course Marshalls – arrive fairly early. Direct racers onto the correct course. Some
spots require a mountain bike and riding skill.
- Sweepers– ride the race course and make sure racers finish. Requires a mountain
bike and riding skill.
- Finish Line – set-up and take down finish line area. Give racers finishing pin and pull
tags to ensure correct finish time. Arrive a little later and stay a little later.
- Clean Up – end of the day help pack up and go home.
- This is a race – Have fun, but remember it’s serious to the riders. If you are out on the course or the road, please be aware at all times!
- All volunteers should park in the parking lot near the bathroom/boat storage area. Look for the sign that says “Volunteer Parking.”
- First Aid – We cannot administer first aid. Aid stations that have first aid kits may give the kit to the rider for use.
- When you are leaving at the end of the day, please check out with one of the event organizers.
- This is a National recreational area – It is important that we treat the area with respect and keep it clean.
- You must have a Park Day Pass ($5.00) displayed in your vehicle.
- Please wear your shirt on Race Day. Dress appropriately for the weather (layers, sunscreen, hat, chair, etc).
- We will feed you that day. On-course volunteers will receive a sandwich. Registration area volunteers will receive a meal ticket.
- If you are assigned traffic or parking duty, please make sure that you receive an orange vest from one of the event organizers.
|Registration/Parking/Event Setup||6:30 AM|
|Aid Stations||7:00 AM|
|Course Marshalls||7:30 AM|
|Finish Line||9:30 AM|