Whiskeytown is renowned for it excellent single track, flume trails and decomposed granite. All courses make maximum use of single track. Add in a post-race swim in beautiful Whiskeytown Lake and you’ve got the ingredients for a perfect day!
- Long Course | Approx 26.5 miles
Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed to race this course without prior approval by race director before 4-29-16
- Approx. Approx 4780 ft of climbing. 2016 COURSE CHANGE; Long course racers WILL go up satans crack as in previous years prior to 2015.
- More than 65% single track.
- WARNING: The last 5-7 miles of single track can be very technical/steep in places.NOT FOR RACERS WITH LIMITED EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate Course | 20 miles
Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed to race this course without prior approval by the race director before 4-29-16
- Approx. 3700 ft of elevation gain.
- Follows much of the long course, but eliminates the 6 mi. Shasta Mine Trail loop.
- 2016 CHANGES; no split after climbing out of Clear Creek Bridge Campground racers will go thru rock garden section as in previous years,
- WARNING: The last 5-7 miles of single track can be very technical/steep in places. NOT FOR RACERS WITH LIMITED EXPERIENCE.
- Short Course | 8 miles
Parents of riders under 18 years should be aware of dangerous conditions on this course
- 4 mi gentle to moderate ascent on dirt road followed by 4 mile single track descent.
- Expect numerous technical spots on the descent.
- WARNING: THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER COURSE; The single track downhill portion of the short course has some very technical sections with drop offs, exposed rocks and rutted trail. NOT FOR RACERS WITH LIMITED EXPERIENCE. Parents of riders under 18 should be aware of dangerous conditions on this course.
Contact Race Director at email@example.com
|View Map | View Details||View Map | View Details||View Map | View Details|
Long Course Cutoff Time
In order to ensure our volunteers aren’t out on the race course all day long, we have decided it’s only fair to put in a couple of cutoff times for the Long Course. We hope that this is understandable and acceptable to all participants.
- First Cutoff Time:
- 1 Hour & 10 Min @ the Peltier Parking Split
- If you miss the First C/O Time, you will still be able to race in the Intermediate Course.
- Second Cutoff Time:
- 12:30pm @ Aid Station #2
- If you miss the Second C/O Time, you must exit the course.